Do you want to know more about Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro features and if it is right for you or not? Do you want to know whether opting for BIM Collaborate Pro or just BIM Collaborate would be enough for you or not? These and many other questions will be discussed below.
In this article, we will see some details about BIM Collaborate Pro that will help you decide whether it’s worth your work or not.
What exactly is BIM Collaborate Pro?
Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro helps bring architecture, construction, and engineering teams together on a single platform to deliver better project outcomes.
BIM Collaborate is a collaboration and coordination tool that serves AEC teams. BIM Collaborate Pro, formerly known as BIM 360 Design, it also provides cloud collaboration features for model co-authoring for design teams (includes collaboration for Plant 3D, collaboration for Civil 3D, and Revit Cloud Worksharing).
You are able to integrate information from BIM Collaborate and BIM Collaborate Pro with GIS data to enable teams to explore, visualize, and collaborate on projects with geographic context throughout the life of the project.
What can BIM Collaborate do for you?
Look at what BIM Collaborate Pro can do for your company:
- Collaboration for Plant 3D: Securely share and collaborate on AutoCAD Plant 3D files between teams while adhering to compliance standards in a shared cloud-based data environment.
- Collaboration for Civil 3D: Securely collaborate on Civil 3D files, data shortcuts, and Xrefs in one place, including web-based design review.
- Revit Cloud Worksharing: Cloud-based work sharing enables faster and smoother Revit co-authoring. Use BIM data to facilitate subsequent construction.
- Construction Connectivity: Store and manage all project data in one area, regardless of whether it was developed in Revit, Civil 3D, or AutoCAD Plant 3D, to maximize productivity during delivery.
- Valuable project information: Use the power of your project data to improve planning and predictability throughout the design co-creation process.
- Coordination: Investigate design alternatives by performing collision analysis on shared models stored in folders that separate design options from existing work.
- Round-tripping Revit and Navisworks clashes: For closed-loop processes, view and correct problems assigned to you from the cloud immediately in Revit or Navisworks.
- Overall project schedule: Easily view dates and content of shared design packages, enabling management of data exchange between multiple disciplines.
Key features BIM Collaborate Pro
- Collaboration for Plant 3D:
Using a shared cloud-based data environment, teams may safely exchange and collaborate on AutoCAD Plant 3D files while maintaining compliance standards.
Users can control permissions, view modifications, and tune assignment to maximize progress. Enhanced collaboration on a common platform enables meeting requirements, reduces risk, and optimizes the integration of assignment workflows.
2. Collaboration for Civil 3D:
Securely collaborate on Civil 3D files, data shortcuts, and Xrefs in one place, including web-based design review.
Securely get access to Civil 3D files, data shortcuts, and external references from more than one place and companies, beyond firewalls, all in a common data platform for the lifecycle of the project.
3. Revit Cloud Worksharing:
Revit Cloud Worksharing with BIM 360 delivers powerful, collaborative Revit workflows in the cloud. It Enables your teams to collaboratively create Revit models in real-time and stay up-to-date with the latest approved work.
Cloud-based worksharing enables faster and smoother Revit co-authoring. BIM data facilitates subsequent construction.
4. Construction Connection:
Store and manage all project data in one area, regardless of whether it was developed in Revit, Civil 3D, or AutoCAD Plant 3D, to maximize productivity during delivery.
5. Valuable project information:
Track issues during the design co-creation process and enhance planning and predictability by utilizing the strength of your project data.
Investigate design alternatives by performing collision analysis on shared models stored in folders that separate design options from existing work.
7. Round-tripping Revit and Navisworks coordination issues:
For closed-loop processes, view and correct issues assigned to you from the cloud immediately in Revit or Navisworks.
8. Overall project schedule:
Easily view dates and content of shared design packages, enabling management of data exchange between multiple disciplines.
9. Advanced change analysis:
By examining any combination of models from a 2D or 3D perspective, you can see how changes between disciplines affect the planned work.
10. Democratized access to design data:
Review designs easily through a web browser. Without opening Revit, Civil 3D, or AutoCAD Plant 3D, quickly identify and assign issues to designs.
11. Robust access controls:
Manage teams, projects, and accounts from a single location. Secure access to critical data and automatic control helps teams stay focused.
12. Multidisciplinary design collaboration:
Manage civil engineering, building design, and multidisciplinary data holistically in a single environment using project-based processes.
Want to know why we love BIM Collaborate?
We invite you to watch out MicroCAD Original Webinar about this software and how you can leverage your teams, workflows, and insights all in one place.
Difference between BIM Collaborate and BIM Collaborate Pro?
BIM Collaborate is a design, collaboration, and coordination application for project reviewers in AEC teams. BIM Collaborate allows you to study the latest designs, provide quick input, and resolve document conflicts for construction, plant, and civil infrastructure projects.
BIM Collaborate Pro provides all the features of BIM Collaboration plus the intelligent and collaborative authoring functionality for AutoCAD Plant 3D, Civil 3D and Revit.
Taken together, BIM Collaborate and BIM Collaborate Pro enable all partners in the project to collaborate on projects created on the unified Autodesk Construction Cloud and BIM 360 platforms.