Autodesk Autocad vs Civil 3d
Compare Autocad Vs Civil 3d
Compare the features of AutoCAD® and Civil 3D® , and learn which CAD software is the right solution for your design workflow.
AutoCAD® is 2D and 3D CAD software with automation. Includes AutoCAD, specialized toolsets, and more.
Civil 3D® civil engineering design software supports BIM (Building Information Modeling) with integrated features to improve drafting, design, and construction documentation.
The conclusión of this study
Civil 3D is the more efficient tool for the civil and infrastructure project. The far majority of tasks had significant time improvements over the same tasks with AutoCAD. Several tasks saved hours. There were some tasks that were equal in time, and even a few that were slightly slower than AutoCAD. In most of these situations there is a perceived benefit to the Civil 3D process due to dynamic updating of design objects. Adding the observable time savings to the likely time savings of updates and error avoidance, this difference only grows. For designers and users there is a peace of mind that the design features they have created and are updating will maintain both accuracy and precision throughout the project design lifecycle.
Productivity Gains by Workflow
Design every detail with 2D and 3D CAD software. Now includes access to industry-specific toolsets and improved workflows across desktop, web, and mobile.
Price Autodesk AutoCad
$1775 / year
- Trace. Safely review and add feedback directly to a DWG file without altering the existing drawing.
- Count. Automate counting blocks or geometry with the COUNT command.
- Share. Send a controlled copy of your drawing to teammates and colleagues to access.
- Push to Autodesk Docs. Push your CAD drawing sheets as PDFs to Autodesk Docs from AutoCAD.
- Floating windows. Pull away drawing windows to display side by side or on multiple monitors, in the same instance of AutoCAD.
- Performance enhancements. Experience faster performance, including when plotting and for 3D graphics.
- And more!
What it does:
- Create and edit 2D geometry
- Create and edit 3D models with solids, surfaces, and mesh objects
- Annotate drawings with text, dimensions, leaders, and tables
- Customize with add-on apps and APIs
- Customize the ribbon and tool palettes
- Extract object data to tables
- Attach and import data from PDF files
- Share and use data from DGN files, Navisworks, and Bing Maps
- Apply and monitor CAD standards
- 2D drafting, drawings, and documentation
- 3D modeling and visualization
- Access to the Autodesk App Store
- AutoCAD web app
- AutoCAD mobile app
- Access specialized toolsets for architecture, mechanical design, electrical design, and more
Get tools that support Building Information Modeling (BIM) for civil engineering design and documentation for transportation, land development, and water and wastewater projects.
Price Autodesk Civil 3d
$2430 / year
- Collaboration for Civil 3D. Securely access Civil 3D files, data shortcuts, and xrefs from multiple locations and companies, all in a common data environment.
- Connector for ArcGIS. Streamline the flow of data between ArcGIS and Civil 3D. Access the latest data and keep features information up to date.
- Dynamo for Civil 3D. Use the Dynamo visual scripting environment to develop routines that automate repetitive design tasks and expedites workflows.
- Bridge design. Coordinate workflows more efficiently across the various disciplines working on complex bridge design projects.
- Pressure network. Use enhanced tools for more efficient pressure pipe network layout and design.
- New transit and rail design features. Expanded toolkit for transit and rail design including spirals, dynamic alignments, profiles, and superelevation design.
What it does:
- Perform faster design iterations
- Streamline time-consuming tasks
- Connect design to documentation to boost productivity
- Use visualization, simulation, and water analysis tools to improve project delivery and decision-making
- Overcome team coordination and workflow challenges within civil infrastructure projects
- Boost productivity
- Improve project delivery and decision-making
- Civil design, drafting, and documentation
- Visualization and analysis
→ AutoCAD vs Civil 3D Productivity Study