RA100: Hybrid Modeling – 2D to 3D Using AutoCAD and Revit
March 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10
The objective of the RA100 – Hybrid Modeling – 2D to 3D Using AutoCAD and Revit is to enable you to efficiently create a full set of construction documents with seamless integration of both 2D and 3D methodologies. This course is targeting firms and AEC professionals who work managing projects in both the residential and light commercial industries. This can include multiple disciplines that need typical details to be included in 2D formats as well as a working 3D/BIM REVIT model for architecture, structure, and visual graphics for presentation. Combining the functions of AutoCAD and Revit will help users transition from 2D to 3D.
- Importing and using existing 2D data: CAD files, details, CD/Blueprints, JPG’s etc. in Revit.
- Beginning to ‘think’ in 3D through basic structural modeling in Revit.
- Grids, site plans, and basic contouring in Revit.
- Sheets, views, details, sections and when to use 2D or 3D elements with most accuracy and efficiency.
- Coordinating with subcontractors and MEP data within an architectural model.
- Visualizing the 3D spaces using walkthroughs, basic rendering within REVIT, and camera views.
- Completing a full set of construction documents for a standard residential alteration permit sample.
This course is designed for experienced users of AutoCAD and beginning users of Revit Architecture.
A working knowledge of AutoCAD and fundamental knowledge of REVIT is preferred however not required. Experience in engineering or architectural design, drafting, or construction management is highly recommended.
What you get
Students will get classroom access to the software as well as sample project content and the knowledge to get started with the project creation and management tools in REVIT and AutoCAD.
The course length is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the students. All courses will be taught on the most current release, depending on availability of courseware.
Training Center Locations
Group rates and on-site training are also available.