NW101: Navisworks in a BIM Workflow
May 4, 6, 11, 13
The Navisworks in a BIM Workflow course teaches you how to better predict project outcomes, reduce conflicts and changes, and achieve lower project risk using the Navisworks Manage software.
During this course, you will learn how to consolidate civil, architectural, structural, and MEP models into one BIM model. Starting with a Civil 3D drawing file, you will append various Revit and Inventor models and check for conflicts. You will also use review and markup tools for communicating issues across disciplines. By the end of the course, you will use TimeLiner, Animator, and Clash Detective to simulate construction and find constructability issues and on-site clashes.
- Navigating the Navisworks workspace and interface.
- Creating a composite model.
- Transforming models for proper alignment.
- Using basic viewing tools.
- Sectioning a model.
- Investigating properties.
- Searching for, hiding, and unhiding items.
- Adding tags and comments to model components.
- Marking up and redlining the model.
- Animate a model.
- Reviewing a model for clashes.
- Consolidating redlines from other team members.
- Creating and animating a construction timeline.
It is recommended that students have a working knowledge of 3D design and task-scheduling software.
The course length is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the students. All courses will be taught on the most current release, depending on availability of courseware.