INV201: Inventor Advanced
Dates by Request
This course builds on the skills acquired in the INV101: Inventor 1 – Fundamentals course and takes you to a higher level of productivity when creating and working with parts and assemblies.
(course topics chosen based on student needs)
- Advanced model appearance options
- 2D and 3D sketching techniques
- Multi-body part modeling
- Advanced geometry creation tools
- Analysis tools
- Generative shape design using Shape Generator
- Creating and editing basic surfaces
- Part and assembly model states
- iFeatures, iParts, iAssemblies
- Freeform modeling
- Importing data from other CAD systems and making edits
- Working with AutoCAD DWG files
- Surface and curve analysis
- Derived components
- Emboss and Decal features
- Motion Constraints
- Top-Down Design technique
- Tools for Top-Down Design
- Creating Positional Representations
- Model simplification tools
- Creating Level of Detail Representations
- Using the Design Accelerator
- Creating rendered realistic images and animations
This course is designed Inventor users who wish to refine and expand their skills in 3D mechanical design creation using advanced parametric solid modeling techniques for parts and assemblies.
Student should be familiar with creating and editing objects in a recent version of Inventor, as taught in the INV101: Inventor 1 – Fundamentals course.
What you get
Students will get classroom access to the software and Autodesk Authorized Training courseware (these can be purchased in addition to the training) and the knowledge to get to the next level with Inventor.
The course length is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the students. All courses will be taught on the most current release, depending on availability of courseware.